Make Homemade Shamrock Shakes Recipes

Make Homemade Shamrock Shakes Recipes

Every year I look forward to picking up Shamrock Shakes for St. Patrick's Day because it is one of my favorite delights. Okay, I say that to pretty much any treat, so let's say it's one of my favorite seasonal treats!
I was pleasantly surprised how easy they were to make at home! I don't make milkshakes regularly, so it took a bit of trial and error to find the right consistency, but once I did ... DEEElicious! Even the little guy enjoyed his very first shake of clover!
The great thing about this is that if you really don't want to add food coloring to make them green, then you don't have to! Even without being green, they are just as tasty!

Ingredients

  • 3 cups vanilla ice cream
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 teaspoon of mint extract
  • 10 drops of green food coloring
  • whipped cream
  • green glitter
  • mini chocolate chips (optional)
  • chocolate syrup (optional)

Instructions

  1. Mix the vanilla ice cream, milk, mint extract and food coloring until you get a smooth consistency.
  2. Pour into glasses and garnish with whipped cream.
  3. Add sprinkles and chocolate chips on top or sprinkle with chocolate syrup.
This recipes adapted from this site